Πέμπτη 8 Απριλίου 2010

Grecia Salentina_Sicilia

I drank Imeran wine
at the foot of Mt Etna
sweet wine
sun baked on its slopes
in the rich soil
of the charred land
and I stared at the lava
flowing down
and the smoke
spiralling up
a sacrifice to the eternal blue
In Graecia Major I was not a stranger
a brother I was
I was Ulysses crossiing to Sicilia,Calabria,Apulia and Basilicata
I saw the barbarian baroque too
in the palaces of men
from the North
built and decorated
by craftsmen from the East
I trod on the traces
of campaigning troops
I saw through the living dead eyes
of the essence
of the bronze warriors
I rested at their side
spoke to them in their language
in the valley
with the progastor-a live bust
in Acragas
on the painted road
in the valley of temples
I walked with the gods under Artemis's moonlight
and among the ruins of Syvaris
I gathered fragments of my soul
with the soldiers of Croton
and the mariners of Taras

In the straits of Messina
I heard the sirens
and Scylla thrust me to Charybdis
and I saw Hephaestus
sipping wine
on Strompoli
in the Aeolic isles

I was audited
by the ear of Dionysus
in Taormina
my sweat joined that of the Athenians
in the quarry
my name is Antoni
come and join me  if you like
in Region
at the marble hayfield
Panormos bid me welcome
and I saw Empedocles
in Ortygia at Syracuse
he was eating grilled fish
with Archimedes
waiting for the Romans
and my fatherland did not hurt me
I willed to stay
till next hay
and leave again
looking for my Ithaca

on the other end of the Ionian
and the Aegean
in Miletus,Ephessus,Alicarnassus,
in Pergamus and Odessa
to the Heraclean steles

And -looking at Gorgo
in cheap souvenir shops-
a mirror I see

My loneliness a paean
to the ends of the world
I come from the borders
am going to the edges

I feel confined in my space
small and pretty it is
but I want to go
for raids with
Saracens and Numides
Japans with long sharp
blades
and fool Charon
in the Samarkand I dream of
every night
nostos for me
daily
it won't settle down
my desire
my thirst won't be quenched
but by waters
from new rivers
in the horizon
and that for a brief moment only
till the next sweet water

Αγω-what is the connotation?-αγος maybe?

I want to return
to drink the water of Arethusa
as she lies there in embrace with Alpheios
get my plough on the ambarri
see the bow in the hands
in the olive tree branches
of my grandmother
sitting and the porch and forgetting
and bring gifts
who for I know no longer
wine,olive oil,almonds and other fruits of the land
MY LANDhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSxkq4nEfXc

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου